Invoice template for moving services for hourly moving expense. Quick and easy to edit and save / print.
Edit the moving name, provider name, addresses and the number of hours spent moving.
Why you Need a Moving Expenses Invoice
Here are some key points regarding moving expenses under the current U.S. tax law:
1. Qualified Members of the U.S. Armed Forces: Active-duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces who meet certain criteria may still be eligible to deduct moving expenses related to a permanent change of station (PCS) move. Be sure to have a moving service invoice or receipt to take the deduction.
2. Distance and Time Tests: To qualify for moving expense deductions, the new main job location must generally be at least 50 miles farther from the old residence compared to the previous job location, and the taxpayer must meet a specific time test related to the duration of employment.
3. Reimbursements: If your moving expenses are reimbursed by your employer, the reimbursement amount may be excluded from your taxable income. In order to be reimbursed, you should provide your employer a copy of your moving expense(s) receipt or invoice.
Other Common Expenses Associated with Moving
- Transportation (airfare, train tickets, fuel costs, professional movers)
- Packing Supplies
- Moving Insurance
- Utility Connections/Disconnections
- Home or Rental Deposits
- Travel and Accommodation
- Vehicle Registration and Driver's License
- Pet Transportation
- Cleaning Services
- Miscellaneous Expenses